From:
Carol Vee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 21:39:31 EST
Dear Karen:
One month ago I too rescued two ferrets that had been left outside, uncared
for, in the rain, heat and humidity.  I too sat up at night and cried for
these two babies.  The day I was able to pick them up was one of the
happiest days of my life.

I was told that it would be best to change their names.  They related the
previous name to the mistreatment they had endured.  I also changed
everything in their cage.  I kept the cage because it was nice.  I cleaned
it, bought a new hammock from "[log in to unmask]", new bowls, water
bottles and I put floors in the cage.  I also put sheets for them to tunnel
through.  They had no toys in their cage or cover from the rain or heat.

My two are very well adjusted.  They are also very loved and have excepted
my family and my two other ferrets as their family.  I cannot think of life
without Bailey and Elle.  They were my gift from God this year!

To Easy Off and Pandora.  I live Louisiana and the most perfect ferret in
the world lives with me.  His name is Oscar, one day I will tell his story.
Right now he is in the room with me, I can't tell the story in front of him
because he is under the impression that he is a dog!  I don't want to see
him upset tonight!

So I will not leave out my Lilly, she is a 8 month old albino that was a
get well present from my children after surgery in May.  She came to us a
nipper.  After many months of being very patient she now gives me kisses
and never bites.  I love that little red eyed girl to death.

Margie, have a safe trip this weekend and to Jackie I will send you the
verse I want on my Christmas cards today.

God Bless all the sick fuzzies out their and to the ones that have passed
over the bridge my prayers are with your families.

Carol Voivedich, Oscar, Bailey, Elle and Sweet Lilly