From:
KiSta Ferret Rescue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 21:27:13 -0400
Hi,
We run a ferret shelter in NJ, and were invited to the Lakewood, NJ,
Petsmart's Adoption Fair on July 12th, which we did participate in.  We were
given wonderful treatment by the Petsmart staff.  It was a nice breezy day
and we were setup in the front of the store under the canopy, in the shade.
The fair's coordinator Kathy made certain we were okay outside, since she
knew ferrets did not fare well in the heat.

Thankfully, it was breezy enough, and we were fine.  They promoted the
adoption fair, and our shelter to the 10th degree.  We couldnt have asked
for a nicer day, with Petsmart, their employees, and the weather.  We did
not do "on the spot" adoptions, and explained our reasons before we agreed
to go, and they were fine with that.  We did meet a wonderful woman at the
fair, who was interested in 2 of our furchildren.  She did not adopt them at
the fair, but the week prior, after being fully approved.  Petsmart still
honored their "free food for a year" for any animal adopted at the fair for
both of the ferrets, since the adoptive mother did "meet" them at their
adoption fair.  She received free Eukanuba Kitten Chicken & Rice Formula
(which we feed here) for both of them for one year!  I think that goes above
& beyond the call on Petsmarts behalf.

In my opinion, Petsmart is doing far more for shelter animals of all kinds
than most pet stores.  They had a wide selection of shelters at their
adoption fair, and went all out for all of us.  I want to thank the
Lakewood, NJ Petsmart for being VERY ferret friendly, and for being very
Pro Shelter Pet.

Thats just my opinion, but we will be back for all their adoption fairs,  i
as it was a very well run and organized event.
Kim Rushing
KiSta Ferret Rescue