From:
Scott Bouza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2009 14:00:02 -0700
I am writing this with a very happy heart. Since the passing of Prince
onto the Rainbow Bridge Buddy, aka lil'Bear, has been doing very well.
His spirits still seem to be up. He is playing and romping with the
best of them. I have come to call him lil' Bear as he so looks like a
little teddy bear to me.

The introductions of him and Ruby are actually going pretty well. Ruby
is still a little "scared" of him and she will hiss or "cherp" at
him if he gets to close and she doesn't want him to. She has stopped
nipping at him all the time and will only do it when she really wants
him to leave her alone. I feel I had an awesome breakthrough last night
and this morning. Both my fur babies were sleeping in their cages. Ruby
woke up to use the potty and get a drink then she went back to her
hammie. I picked her up and put her next to lil' Bear, in his cage,
and she snuggled up to him and went right back to sleep. It took her
a couple minutes to stop shaking. Once she did she just fell asleep
and they slept together for a god 4 hours.

When lil' Bear woke up she got up to. He went down to eat and use the
potty and she was wanting to get out of the cage. I let them both out
to play and they both headed to the tubes and played. Ruby would
"cherp" at him and do a little hissing but they didn't fight. If it
seemed like Ruby was getting to upset at lil' Bear he would go on his
way and leave her alone. They seemed to be having fun. Both of them
were dooking up a storm so I figured that they were alright together.
I stood at the ready to separate them if need be. I didn't have too. I
am feeling pretty good about them right now. I won't leave them alone
unsupervised yet, I don't trust them that much. But I feel confident
with them together as long as I am around.

In fact right now they are snuggled up together both sound asleep. They
have been like that for about an hour or so now. They are so cute!!!!
How can anyone not love ferrets? I just don't understand it!?!

My hopes are renewed for them. She is still a little scared of him but
I think she may be coming around. He doesn't attack her and gives her
space if she is getting to upset with him. If I think they are going
to get to rough I will separate them too.

If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it very much! Am I doing
the right things? Is there anything that I am doing that I shouldn't
be? Are there things that I could be doing that I am not? Any advice
would be appreciated. Feel free to email me or just post here on FML.
Things seem to be going alright with them thus far, fingers crossed.

I would also like to thank SaraFerret for helping Prince when he
arrived at the Rainbow Bridge. What you wrote touched my heart so
deeply. It made me laugh and cry. Once again, I want to thank each ond
every one of you that sent me emails concerning Prince's passing. It
meant a great deal to me and it helped with the healing to know that
others have gone through the same heart ache. It just amazes me that a
little ball of fur can work his way into your heart so deeply in such
a short amount of time. He is very much loved and sorely missed. I am
better for having him in my life even though it was only for a couple
of days.

Take care one and all here on the FML.

Peace,
Scott