From:
Adrienne Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 10:34:19 -0400
Diana - I was unable to reply to your mail concerning socializing a new kit.
I hope this helps you!

I was very fortunate and never had any socialization problems with mine.
However, that said, Is your number 1 breaking the kits skin or ripping out
fur?  If this is the case I have had some success with bitter lime or bitter
apple.  Spray the kits neck so that when the others try to bite she will
taste terrible.

If the aggression is not resulting in broken skin or bruises, I would not
worry too much.  As long as you supervise the time they send together they
will get used to each other.  When you are not around keep them in a
seperate cage, just to be safe.  I have owned seven ferrets, and my uncle
owned at least ten over the years and I have never seen a ferret who would
not get along with every other ferret they meet.

This may sound funny, but as long as the kit is not being mortally wounded,
I would let number 1 act out.  If the kit start chaterring loudly or crying,
You can step in and save her.  Take number 1 and drag her by the scruff of
the neck along the floor.  Then let her go.  If she goes back for more,
scruff her again, and the drag her along the floor some more.  This will
show her that you are the dominant ferret in this Bysness.  Repeat until she
decides it isn't worth torturing the baby any more.

Good luck!
Adrienne