From:
"William M. Davidson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 08:59:55 -0600
Dear Sandee,

Please be on the lookout for my dear Hoppy.  He was diagnosed with
Lymphosarcoma on just Tuesday and we had to help him cross the Rainbow
Bridge Saturday night.  Hoppy will be looking for Luigi.  Luigi crossed
the bridge in December 2002.  I was hand feeding Hoppy but I told him
that when he was ready to cross, he just had to refuse my feeding.
Yesterday morning he hinted that today was his last day but before going
he wanted some time alone time with Calvin and Girlita.  He went to a
favorite sleeping place he hadn't been to for several days.  Calvin and
Girlita soon joined him and cuddled around him.  At his evening feeding,
he clearly told me he wanted to cross now and I fulfilled my promise.

Hoppy was a big kisser.  He always gave me a big kiss first thing in
the morning when I opened his cage.  Still in his hammie, he stuck his
head out the door and wanted a kiss.  Hoppy was the keeper of the eggs.
Everyday he would take inventory by shaking each egg as he located them
and then chew on them.  Before leaving, he made sure that Girlita was
trained for the job.  Now Girlita faithfully makes her rounds daily.
Girlita and Hoppy would come together for their banana slice in the
morning.  I would be eating my granola with banana slices and I would
feel them by my feet.  Looking down, they would both be looking up at
me with the "Got banana" look on their face.  For the last couple of
days, Hoppy didn't feel like eating his banana slice and I guess Girlita
didn't want to come by herself.  Funny how their habits are influenced
by other fuzzies.

We will miss Hoppy but we know that Hoppy is in a better place now.  I
wish I got to know him better.  I look back in hind sight and realize
that I wasted precious time doing unimportant stuff when I could have
been interacting with our fuzzies.  We all have busy lives but I just
found myself giving into impulse and thinking I would play with them
tomorrow.  Hoppy has taught me life is way too short and time is
precious.  If I have regrets how I spent my time yesterday then I
shouldn't repeat it today.  I will spend the time instead getting on
the floor playing, hugging, and running after my fuzzies.

Please tell Hoppy that we all love him.

Bill, Rex, Ingrid, Girlita, Calvin, and Hobbes
--
William M. Davidson

1704 Blume, NE
Albuquerque, NM 87112
505 294 4571

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they
don't want, to impress people they don't like.  -Will Rogers