From:
Laura L'Heureux Kupkee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 1994 17:01:14 CST
Eureka!  As I was leaving the school via the library (where I work) what
should I spy but, Dr. Brown's book on the new acquisitions cart.  It turns
out she gets these normals from Fox which I looked at earlier and wasn't
happy with because there was not specific gravity given, but she says:
pH 6.5 to 7.5
mild to moderate proteinuruia is common and normal
urine may also give false positive ketone value
Urine volume -- 26 to 28/24 hr average

Furthermore, the ferret doc here in town says average normal specific gravity
is 1.040.  He added that it's similar to the cat.

Hope this helps.

Laura L'Heureux
U. of Illinois Vet Med Class of `96