From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:13:03 -0800
Dear Cathy,

I cannot tell you how pleased I am that the four ferrets were able to
find themselves into the fine home of Diane Iverson.  Many of us were
involved in this networking.  I am glad to have been a part of it.

The most powerful of this post is that you found the joy of placement;
Remember this feeling and recall it often.  Diane Iverson is a wonderful
person, and there are more Diane's out there, with open hearts and homes.
There are folks that are wonderful, responsible people out there willing
to love abandoned ferrets; Your care alone is not the sole answer.  Diane
is answering that call tonight and answering it well by all accounts.

The FMLers don't know that myself and other shelter directors have
offered our help, in many months past, in offering to teach you how to
adopt.  I have offered all of my interview and adoption forms to you.
You ignored these offers.  This offer still stands.  I promise to do
anything I can to help you transition from being a non-adoptive facility,
to pro-adoption.  Also, when you adopt, you partially fulfill your
501(c)3 comittment to be an educating entity to the public.  They
not only adopt a ferret, they get you and your knowledge!!!!!

Cathy, pro-adoption is wonderful.  You just met Diane Iverson in placing
ferrets with her.  You have the power to interview and place the rest of,
and future ferrets with also great homes.  You have my support in this
venture!!!  Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you in
setting up your adoption criteria.

No doubt, here on the FML, all pro-adoption shelters will be more than
glad to support you in your transition.

Congratulations on being able to give.  I know Diane Iverson and this
adoption is wonderful.  Don't be afraid to adopt, just learn the skills
and get a level of confidence.  99% of the time your instincts will
guide you correctly.

Are there any FMLers out there that have adopted from ferret shelters?

That have successfully adopted abused and neglected ferrets?

I think it's important to let Cathy know how adoption has benefitted your
lives, and most of all, the ferrets you have adopted.

Let's hear from those of you who have adopted neglected/abused ferrets
that have gone on to live, love and be happy.

Cathy needs to hear these true stories.  I understand her fears, I am
sure we all can.

Barb Clay