From:
Catherine Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:57:16 EDT
Dear FML friends,

Thank you for all the kind birthday wishes and condolences on Hubert's
passing.  I cannot express my gratitude enough.  I will thank everyone
personally.  I am just slow these days.

Losing my precious "fat boy" devastated me.  It was so totally unexpected.
The same day my husband lost his job.  It was like a double blow.

Then, on my birthday, someone stole my car.  I couldn't believe it.  But,
miracles do happen, and I got it back.  Intact.  With MORE GAS THAN I HAD
IN IT.  Weird, but I am so grateful to have it back.  I took the bus and
the train and picked it up.  I just wish I could get Hubert back as easily
as the car.  Hell, I'd give up the car and walk everywhere if I could get
Hubert back.  But life doesn't work that way, does it.

My special vet even sent a sympathy card.  He was awesome, and added
dignity and honor to Hubert's passing.  He didn't question when I said
I wanted to be with Hubie when he gave the shot.  I would not let my
precious, precious baby die alone.  And then he let me stay with him for
a while.  What a wonderful vet.

Thanks again folks.  And thanks to Maggie for letting everyone know about
my birthday.  Friends like you make life livable.

Catherine, Pato, Snowball, and Elsie - with Eugene, the "German Shepherd
Ferret"
Waiting at the Bridge - "Hubert"
"Behind The Zion Curtain"