From:
Modern Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 00:12:04 -0400
We just got back from photographing Tama Janowitz for the next issue (#31)
of _Modern Ferret_ Magazine.  Tama currently has three ferrets: Mole,
Scamper, and Rat.  Tama is the author of several well-known books
including: The Slaves of New York, The Male Cross-Dresser Support Group,
A Certain Age, and many more - plus her new children's book: Hear That?

In addition to photography from me, this issue features a cover and
centerfold photo by fashion designer and photographer Todd Oldham and
additional photography by Oberto Gili.  It's pretty exciting to bring
people who normally work for publications like _Vogue_ and _Paper_ to the
world of ferrets!

Tama has written an article for this issue titled "The Ferrets of New
York" and has also written a companion piece - "The Seven Favorite Sins
Of Ferrets."

You can get a sneak peek at a photo of Tama and her ferret Scamper from
today at:

http://www.modernferretblog.com/mary

It certainly seems that ferrets are rather popular among authors!  For
those of you who are fans of Richard Bach (I certainly am!  - and back
when I started reading his books [I think I read Biplane when I was in
6th grade!]  I never would have guessed that one day Richard Bach would be
reading my writing!) - we do intend to do a feature on his new book series
in an upcoming issue.  We've always been very dedicated to bringing to
light celebrities that own ferrets - we think that it's one of the most
direct ways to work to change the American cultural view of ferrets.
(Celebrities have certainly done a lot in the US to help groups like PeTA
and the NRA - so why shouldn't celebrities be used to help ferrets?)

Other Modern Ferret goings on:
While I'm on lots of prednisone again, we're trying to accomplish as much
as possible.  It certainly reduces the amount of sleep I need - so the
thing to do is more work.

We have several new web sites up:

http://www.ferretdesigns.com - features some of our favorite photos on
T-shirts, mugs, and mousepads - with more items coming soon.

We also are creating a fundraising opportunity for other interested ferret
organizations.  We'll provide the artwork and set everything up for you.
When the items sell, your organization gets the money.  It seems that a
lot of organizations lack the photographic expertise to create really good
images for themselves, so we'll create the artwork for them.  We will be
working on this as much as time permits.

Our first item in this program raises money for NYC Ferrets to help
legalize ferrets in New York City (one of the things we have been trying
to help out with which has led to delays in getting other things done).

To order a T-shirt that supports NYC Ferrets, go to:

http://www.ferretdesigns.com/doilooklikeacriminal/

For those of you interested in a behind-the-scenes look at Modern Ferret,
we have set up two new sites:

http://www.modernferretblog.com  - a web-based journal
http://www.modernferrets.com  - sign up here for our new e-newsletter.
photos and more information about all of our ferrets coming soon!

Which only leaves us behind on one thing: finishing our book on litter
box training.  Amazingly enough, we keep adding more material to it.  More
information about this will be up on http://www.modernferret.com as soon
as we get around to it.  We expect to get the book and issue #31 to their
respective printers by the end of the month - lack of sleep willing.

- Eric
Modern Ferret Magazine - For ferret owners. By ferret owners.
Mary & Eric Shefferman & the Fuzzies:
Trixie, Balthazar, Cauliflower, Koosh, and Gabrielle
http://www.modernferret.com  -  http://www.modernferretstore.com