From:
Lorie Whitworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 19:00:30 -0400
Hello everyone,
Smokey went to the Vet this morning to get his sutures out and find out the
pathology results.  I'm sad to say the news is not very good.

Undifferentiated carcinoma is Smokey's problem.  The Vet has found one
documented case like Smokey's and is contacting the Vet who treated in that
case.  They are also sending more tissue out to a different pathologist for
more comparison.  We talked today also about different treatments(chemo,
radiation and lastly more surgery to try and remove the remaining pieces of
tumor.  If Smokey has more surgery he most likely will be incontinent.  I
hope it won't take to long for the Vet to get some answers on what, if any
treatment there is.  It breaks my heart that Smokey has to go thru this.  He
has been such a friend to me since my son, David is no longer here.  Smokey
acts like he is feeling great, he is back to romping around the house and
wrestling with Jim and Molly.  Jim also went, to get his Rabies shot today
he started trembling as soon as we made it in the door.  I realize we may
not have a happy ending, I am hopeful they find something to help Smokey
soon.  Thanks for listening.

Lorie Whitworth