From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 09:33:03 +0100
One of the best *complete* ferret foods on the market in the UK must be
Companion's Choice ferret food.  I've been using it since the middle of May
and all my ferrets are doing great on it.  The company also look after the
welfares/rescues extremely well, I receive regular phone calls to ask if
I'm ok for food and would I like them to deliver any more bags of food.  I
have contacted the other 3 firms that produce a complete food and not one
of them have come up with the service and friendliness of Companion's
Choice.

When I and my two friends who run The Wirral Guild of Ferreters called at
CC a couple of weeks back we were invited into the office whilst the boss,
Mark, ran a few ideas past us and asked for out input.  Whilst we were
there the ingredients of the ferret food were mentioned.  Mark told us that
the fish meal was 100% cold water white sea fish, the chicken was the best
quality for human consumption chicken (de-feathered etc), he said they
could use for animal consumption only but have opted to use only the best
quality products in the manufacture of their ferret food.

I still feed my ferrets a daily chick each which is OK with CC - in Mark's
words, "Well baked beans are good for you but I wouldn't want them for
every meal."  A representative of one of the other ferret foods has been
quoted as saying, "Don't feed chicks the feathers irritate the ferrets
throats."  ROFL.

Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare & National Ferret Welfare Society Newsletter Editor
http://www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm (Last Update 18 Oct, 1998)
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge: Jill, Deanna Troi, Cameron, Carnath & Button