From:
Gordon Bengtson CI/ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:14:01 -0500
To all I bid a fine and save Thanksgiving Holiday, the most sacred
holiday we as Americans share each year.  Is a season to be most thankful
for what we have and not for what we do not have.  We as Americans have
what we have because we worked for it with the most fair terms of barter
of our wares developed from much hard work in school to learn how to do
things and doing them better than any nation on earth has ever done.  For
this we are thankful for the team effort of all our fellow Americans.

We also have things many do not have and cannot have and those are pets.
In many nations pets are not allowed and if they are many simply cannot
afford to support one.  Here in America we can have the luxury of pets to
love and love us in return.  For myself I have chosen Ferrets over all
other choices and am so very glad I have had the luxury to share time and
experiences with these fuzz butts.

One reason the Ferret is not on the Thanksgiving plate is one would not
feed as many as a turkey will, but they are self stuffing if you like
raisin stuffing.

I live alone with no relatives within 600 miles of me so I share the
great holiday that I, as a veteran who is most thankful to have defended
for everyone, share this time honored event with my pets, Byte-me and
Kodo among others in the past.

These little guys have no idea of these ideals because they are animals
and think so very different but I for sure can be crystal clear of how
valuable a pet can be to a person and how much they give us in return
for a bit of food and a little attention.

Off this subject, mine are like spiders for sure.  With only 4 legs they
do as much sensing as a spider does with 8 very sensitive appendages.  My
carpet sharks have a very large cage with 7 or some odd floors and all
kinds of hammys and toys at their disposal.  I have a game I play where
they both are sound asleep in the hammys and all is normal in the room
when I open the bottom door with making NO noise or vibration of any
kind.  I then retire to the computer room to do what ever and sure enough
in only a few minutes a cold nose is 'bobbed' off my foot or leg where
someone has come to visit seeking a little attention but moreover a
raisin.  Amazes me totally how they sense that door being open.  As I
type Byte-me has curled up here in the room with me curled up on the
floor by the file cabinet.  Is comforting to know she is here and ok but
moreover her simple company is more than money can buy.

I am thankful for being an American.  I am thankful for being free in the
greatest country this planet has ever seen.  I am thankful to have pets,
these tube dogs.  I am thankful to have had the company of those rug
lumpers that have passed on and grieve their absence.  Having had a
variety of dogs and cats as pets, the aloof fert who leaves 'gifts' in
places I sure wish they wouldn't are by far the most rewarding animals
ever I have had.  Like people, one just accepts them as they are and
enjoys the best they give and they give much good in return in their own
way.

Have a great and safe holiday from the 3 of us at Aarrow Ranch Aviation.

Gordon, Byte-me and Kodo