From:
Don & Janice Boyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 13:35:10 -0600
Dear Anon,
I am so sorry to hear that your little girl died.  Like others who care, I
will be interested to hear the necropsy report.  So many of us have lost
little ones who we will always believe should not have gone.  I guess in
retrospect that I could say that some fuzzy owners may learn that if there
is even suspected insulinoma or low blood sugar, perhaps they should go
ahead and gently massage honey or Karo syrup on their little gums for
several minutes and if it is, they should come out of it.  If it isn't, no
harm done.  This may just help someone else's little fuzzy and their owner
to save it's life and get it on a treatment.

I hope it helps the pain of your loss, knowing that it may help some other
fuzzies.  Is there any chance she could have gotten water in her lungs with
so many enjoying the bath together?  I think I am perhaps in the minority,
but I only bathe our fuzzies (10 of them) about every 6 weeks, perhaps
longer.  They do not smell bad in between baths.  I bathe them one at a time
so as to insure that they do not inhale water and they seem to not miss any
of the joy of the bath time.  I am concerned that too frequent bathing dries
their skin out and washes away all their natural oils and it just doesn't
seem necessary with ours to bathe more often than this.  I clean their ears
every 2 weeks and trim nails once a month.  I hope you can get an answer to
this tragedy and perhaps this and other vets will learn too.  I certainly
hope you plan on letting him/her know in the event he/she was responsible
for the little girl's death.

In deep sympathy--Jan