From:
Fran Wiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 15:22:38 -0400
TO KODO, WITH LOVE...

With anxious anticipation we all did wait,
For someone to answer our prayers of your fate.
I just got the word, your fateful day has come,
With tears I write to the deaf ears of some.

With love, grief & honor, oh we've put up a fight,
No matter what we did, it didn't win your plight.
Though many have heard about our begs & our pleas,
Only those of us who fought, have been brought to our knees.

I hang my head in shame, remorse and disgust,
Our faith in the system, has shattered our trust.
I pray to the heavens, why can't you be spared,
You've waited so patiently; alone and so scared.

I shudder, shake & cringe, I can't help but sob,
For someone that feels they were "just doing my job".
Someday they will understand, we'll make sure that they do,
I hope when they try to sleep, all they see is a vision of you.

You will not die in vain, your spirit will live on,
For in all of our hearts, you'll never truly be gone.
A legacy so grand, no other can touch,
The genuine feelings, we love you so much!

We now turn to the Lord, for His guidance we must seek,
For upon this day we are all feeling, so worried and so weak.
The battle will not end here, continue on we will,
In the name of love of Kodo, till we reach the top of the hill.

Run quickly to the light my love, for there is where you'll see,
Someone waits for you, to take you to be free.
Her name is Rasha Raynor, she left Earth 2 years ago,
She'll lead you through the flowery fields, to the Bridge you both will go.

You see Rasha knows, just exactly how you feel,
For she too lost her bout, & didn't get an appeal.
But in her name & honor, Marylanders continued with the fight,
So another ferret would not be lost, we just had to make things right.

So we honor you this day dear Kodo, our dearest little friend,
Although your earthly path with us today has come to a tragic end.
Look down upon us each and every day, from your beautiful Home above,
Dance a dance of joy for us, we'll send you up our love.

Help us try to cope with the loss, we feel so much inside,
Let your little light shine down, & let it be our guide.
Goodbye, precious Kodo, God will keep you forever more,
See you at the pearly gates; we'll meet at Heaven's door.

**Submitted respectfully with a heavy heart from a former Marylander who
still feels the pain from the loss of Rasha in Hagerstown, Maryland,
although I was not her owner, she lives on in my soul.  God help us all on
this saddest of days.**

Sincerely -- Fran & the fuzzies in PA  ([log in to unmask])
Fran's "Forever Ferrets" Rescue   :(