From:
kay cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 12:10:23 +0000
tony, we are all trying to do our bit here, i dont do any ferret racing
or take my ferrets to events for the public to see, but i do have people
come to the house to see them.

i also write letters to the local newspapers , at different times of the
year reminding any ferret owners to check there jills in the breeding
season & i also did a letter asking people not to feed there ferrets
chocolate (christmas & easter) as its toxic , its just advice hopefully
people will take the advice, even if you get through to one person thats
all, its made a difference possibly a life saving difference.

the day i consider myself an expert will be the day i pack the whole
thing in, so by making your self available to give advice people are
not going to think there is nobody who cares.

i care greatly about animals in general , but it isnt helping when the
ferret world seems to be divided if i choose to do pr in this way its
because thats how i want to do it.

i am not going to knock anyone for there chossen way of ferret pr, so
everyone just carry on as normal, if thats ferret racing , going to
schools , putting on shows, go for it.

its all pr work at the end of the day , and the more people who come away
from here or a summer show with a good basic knowledge of how a ferret
should be kept the better.

WE ARE ALL DOING IT FOR THE SAME REASON WE LOVE FERRETS

ps congratulations to the ladys at droitwich well done for all the hard
work you have done to get your charity status, and well done everyone
else who cares enough to help a ferret in need

kay