Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:45:58 -0700
I am off to California.

People waiting for meetings on the way out: as stated, I have to limit
talks to no more than a hour or so. So I can't always be accused of
being late, I'll call about 5 hours out. ;-)

People wanting me to stop on the way back for a ferret talk: I only
have a couple of openings left -- they are going fast. Get your
reservations in now.

People who wrote who are in California and wanted to meet the Dutch
ferret people: I have your contact numbers with me and, because I do
not know when we will be in your area, I will contact you with visit
information as soon as I can give you a date and time.

Ferret questions and stuff: I can't promise I'll be online much during
the next few weeks and what time I will have is probably going to be
spent on family and trip stuff. Sorry, but you can still send in
questions and I'll get to them when I can.

My joke in yesterday's FML: a good friend suggested my comment about
"bad science" might be taken wrong by the ultra sensitive. It was a
joke directed at me and my crankiness, and if anyone wants to read
into it, well, you missed the point. It was not meant to be considered
a comment for anyone except myself. The point was that I have been
working very hard on the Ferret Project for the last 2 1/2 years, and
while some people might think zipping around the world has been a
"vacation," I doubt there is a single person who met me and saw the
work I was doing who would say I gave myself any significant rest. The
joke in my family is that I am probably the only person who went around
the world and only saw airports, train stations, and ferrets. I have
lately become surly and cranky, and those who actually know me can
testify that NOT my normal personality. My comments yesterday were
meant to illustrate that point, not to sneak a jab in at anyone. I am
cranky enough to do that in the open if I wanted. If anyone thinks I
was giving them a jab, then they are wrong and need to get over it,
just as I need to do.

I will see my California friends shortly!

Bob C [log in to unmask]