From:
Grace Sylvan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 1992 16:49:00 -0500
> >The NJ permit system doesn't seem to be widely known about, or
> >followed.
>
> I was at a ferret show in Jersey last year, and their materials stated
> that all ferrets which are entered from NJ must have a NJ license, and
> that any NJ resident purchasing a ferret must have a license.
>
> I've also heard that NJ pet stores are supposed to give out license
> applications, but I can't confirm that.  (Tho I know of one store in
> NEW YORK that will not sell a ferret until you produce a license).
>
> >So how does one go about stopping the distribution of this
> >"information" without getting nailed oneself?
>
> Not sure I get that - why don't you just get the license?

My ferrets came from NJ - I used to live in NJ. When I bought each of
them, I was given a license application form with the ferret. When
this is sent to the state, they send you an application. The
application (5-6 years ago) was for all ferrets you have, and just
wanted to know what accomedations you had for the animals (asked you
to describe dimensions of cages) how many you had, and other stuff
like that. Pretty harmless, and the fee for the license was low -
affordable for a college student, even. Just apply and get the darned
license, it's not a big deal.

                        *Tigger*