From:
Ferret Friends of Pittsburgh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:12:52 +0000
Hi everyone!

As a life-long Pittsburgher.. I'd be happy to help anyone with
questions about our beautiful city and area happenings. I will be at
the symposium with the Three Rivers Ferret Council - our local ferret
club. We will have our Pampered Fuzzy Store set up - well part of it..
we are only allowed so much space. :o)

Renee said:
>As far as the travel and hotel bills go, the hotel is at
>the airport and there is a free shuttle.

I just want to clarify this for out-of-town people. The hotel is
actually NOT at the airport. It is about a 10 minute ride to this
hotel. It is confusing because University Blvd. is near the "old"
Pittsburgh airport that has been closed for at least 10 years now. The
"new" Pittsburgh airport is much, much bigger and is about 10 minutes
away. The hotel does offer free shuttle - but I wanted people to not
be concerned when the driver was taking them further than.. down the
road. :o)

Renee said:
>This symposium will not be as expensive as either Toronto or Portland.

True, true. There are several local restaurants nearby that are not
expensive and are high on taste. Don't miss out on your chance to get a
'burg original - Primanti Brothers - located right across the street..
maybe down a bit from the hotel. Primanti's claim to fame is their
sandwiches, your choice of meat topped with coleslaw and fries. Yum.
Yum. They also have pizza, salads and pasta I think. There is also a
Denny's, Wendy's and Eat n' Park - another Pittsburgh classic. This is
off the top of my head, I don't go to that area of town often, but you
will not go broke when you visit us here. If you have a car, Robinson
Towne Center is just up the road, about 5 minutes and there are TONS of
places to eat and shop there. Lonestar, Olive Garden, TGI Fridays, Joes
Crab Shack, IHOP, Don Pablos, Max & Ermas, Bravo, Bahama Breeze, Smokey
Bones.. see I go there much more often. :o)

Again, please don't hesitate to contact me if you want some ideas on
stuff to do during your stay. I'm also offering a chance to see the
BEST view of the city - FREE!! - you will not be disappointed, it is
stunning. Just contact me!
--
Chris Sayne
Ferret Friends of Pittsburgh