From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2011 00:14:19 -0400
>As far as I know it is not illegal to breed the ferret and the
>European polecat, it is however animal cruelty!!!.

Since 1981 European Polecats have been protected in the UK under the 81
Wildlife Act, it is illegal to have one in your possession unless you
have a licence. It is not illegal to own a hybrid, my 7 year old hybrid
died earlier this year. She was a solitary animal and slept in her own
nest box, she loved cuddles gave kisses but took no s**t from other
ferrets, even my 5 pound breeding hob treated her very carefully. Sadly
she never had any kits.

[CS]