From:
"Diane E. Emery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 1995 09:13:15 -0600
        Hi all, just wanted to ask a quick question regarding some odd
behavior. Rocket, has a VERY annoying habbit of hopping into his litter box
to scratch. Im not sure if any of you have experienced this but it makes a
horrible racket and sends litter flying throughout the house. I am
uncertain how to break him of this habbit without giving him the impression
that the litter box is bad. Also, I have been trying to cure the  nasty
itchies with no success. Are your ferrets flea free? It seems like at bath
time we always find maybe one, despite the flea spray and all other
attempts to get rid of them. Rocket loves going outside so I guess we will
never be completely flea free, huh?
        Speaking of outside, someone posted recently about their ferret
getting out the door while they weren't looking and later scratching at the
door to get back in. Rocket, too, has great homing instincts. If we bring
him outside for a walk, after a little exploring he runs as fast as his
little legs can carry him all the way home, with no direction from us. Hope
he remembers this if, heaven forbid, he ever escaped!

Thanks for the input!

Diane and Alex
        owned by Rocket (who yesterday morning dumped a glass of apple
juice all                        over me, him, and the rug. He looked at me
like it was MY falt that he got wet!)