From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 13:05:58 -0400
Ahem. I, too, have hosted "The Downs Kids" and found them to be
pleasant, even charming guests. Rather than each pick a separate,
virgin corner of my house to do their business in, they pooped in the
ones already claimed as latrines by Ping and Puma. I consider that
to be considerate, for a ferret. The only real trouble occured when
Jersey (who is very old) decided to take a nap in an abandoned ski hat
underneath the ancient yellow guest sofabed. We could not see him, he
could not hear us. For a while we were afraid that he had somehow
slipped out of the house. But we finally lifted up the right cushions
and found him, curled up warm and happy in his little wool cave with
ear flaps.

I have also spent a night with Wolfy. (That didn't come out
right--nope, nope nope. Oh, I'm gonna hear about this!) *Shared* a
hotel room with Wolfy at a conference and found her to be remarkably
unaffected by details. I left a glow in the dark sea-monster in the
shower stall
*just* for her to find. Did she notice? Duuuuuh, no George she didn't
see it she didn't see it, George. How could she not? IT GLOWED IN THE
DARK. And if anything, she is loopier on her night meds than I am but
mercifully, they knock her out faster.

How can she complain about the state of her son's bathroom when she
doesn't even notice the glow in the dark sea monsters in her own?

Huh? Huh?

Alexandra in MA