From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 2010 19:00:03 -0800
A month or so ago, there was a post ont he FML by Eleanor Mead
regarding the injury of a female ferret who was the vicitm of domestic
violence In Attleboro, Ma. In the heat of the moment a boyfriend felt
the need to throw this little creature against the wall injurying her.
He was arrested, the ferret was given vet care, placed with Diane and
Michele at South Shore Ferret Care where Lilli-ann cleverly picked a
talented foster Momma to provide care for her. Initially, Lilli-ann was
paralized, unable to walk with a large bruise on her tummy. Thanks to
talented vets, a well organized shelter with a great foster system,
Lilli-ann was able to sit up at her computer and write a thank you note
to me which I received today. After completing her letter Lilli-ann
went off to run and play with her new brothers and sisters. It made me
smile. It made my day!.

Sue Hayes of Arkansas educated me to the ways of ferrets who are
paralized or suffering hind end weakness. In discussion, she shared the
idea of creating open ended sleep sacks so these special needs kids
could pass through the sack instead of struggling to turn around
inside. The thank-you note from Lilli-ann was because she received
open-ended special soft and fuzzie sacks to assist her with her
healing.

This is just one happy news event of the year. May 2010 be filled with
many more because of the greatness of organizations like F.E.R.R.E.T.,
the IFC, SOS. the AFA, FOFS. animal shelters, our wonderful ferret
shelters, their foster families, volunteers, talented vets and those
who help support our fur baibes with their kindness.

Ah, there is just nothing like a letter from a weasel to make you
smile. Cathy

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3