From:
"Melissa T." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 11:41:50 PDT
>For the pile of emails we've
>gotten you'd think there'd be one Guinea Pig owner brave enough to start a
>magazine...) [From Eric Shefferman]

I know this isn't ferret-related (not exactly), but there IS a magazine for
any guinea pig owners out there --

 http://www.angelfire.com/mi/csreidsma/guineamag.html
There are also some hard-copy ones out there as well, but they are all way
too expensive, and often mixed with other animals (for example, Critters
USA, which mixes together hamsters, rabbits, etc.).

People were complaining on a guinea pig mailing list I'm on that the guinea
pig ad in Modern Ferret was fake (when they thought it was real at first),
whereas I knew right away it was fake (it even says so in that issue).

My guess is that people wanted MF to add this to their "line" because MF is
well-known and fun...more fun than other pet magazines out there.  :o)
(Hey, I didn't write ya about it, but I'd personally like you to do a
guinea pig magazine myself -- know you two are too busy, though!)

Melissa