From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:47:08 -0400
>a kit cannot die in one hour (From start to finish)(see my other posting,
>it will make sense)from dehydration.  Or let me phrase it this way, It is
>true that it takes longer for a kit to severely dehydrate than one hour.
>And that a kit cannot develop black tarry stools in one hour.

Errrrrr... Actually, there are diseases that can do such things to humans
in a few hours: cholera, yellow fever, etc.  So could a perforated GI
tract or other things.  Half (something like 6) of the children in my
grandfather's family died within hours to days of each other of an
illness that dehydrated back when.

What you need is the treating vets' necropsy report.

>People, please be honest about ferrets!  They make good pets, but ONLY
>if they are neutered.  This CLEARLY means they are not a domesticated
>carnivore, unlike cats.

HUH?!  Thye have been domesticated for at least 2,500 years.  The reasons
that whole ferrets are questionable for pets for a number of people are
not behavioral; they are medical and scent-related reasons.

>They hate, absolutely HATE!, being caged.

Must not be a good cage environment.  Our's have a room which also a
study, and get some supervised free-romp, too.  They often ask to go
back into their room and their cage.  They ENJOY it.

>>2. You think you can find a ferret that does not bite, that is
>>impossible.
>
>Baloney!!

I second that "Baloney!!".  I do think that there is possibly going to be
a problem in this particular case, though, because the person has no past
ferret background and this may be more likely to make training errors that
will backfire.

>Ferrets have very distinct waking / sleeping patterns and if you attempt
>to force a ferret to adjust its instinctive patterns to YOUR patterns,
>you WILL SERIOUSLY SHORTEN ITS LIFE.

Huh?  I don't know or care who made this statement, but, boy, have a got
a bridge to sell to you!  LOL!

I've just been skimming this conversation now and then.  There are some
strange things I have noticed on skimming today... Of course, that's just
form my viewpoint from 20 years with them in the family...

Stove: every area has a fire marshall who can be contacted through the
fire dept. or township/county/village hall.  That person will know whichh
materials are safest for whichever type of stove.