From:
"TinyPrintsOnTheHeart.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2005 09:19:51 -0400
I am all in favor if removal of products which do not benefit a animal,
however, this goes back once again to people getting educated BEFORE
owning an animal.  If you read in alot of the books, they say Fruit
is ok for ferrets, some do add in moderation.  But when I adopt out
a ferret, I say "NO FRUITS AT ALL".  Because what my definition of
moderation (one raisin on Christmas and their birthdays) might be 10
raisins each day for someone else.

I guess my beef with hammering a business who is selling items to make a
profit or their living is that, you as a consumer must educate yourself
and can't rely on any store to offer you "just the good things for you."
Food stores and restaurants, for example, sell all kinds of things that
are not really good for you.......too much fat etc.  But it is up to you,
when you go to these places to make healthy choices.  We don't hammer a
food store to remove "all fatty foods" or all "high in carbohydrate"
foods.

There comes a time and point in our lives where we either have to decide
to do some research and figure things out on our own, or if we don't
know the answer, read or use the internet.  We also need to get the book
companies to revise their older books which promote older ideas.  Ferret
ownership has grown greatly, hence the new research into diet, care etc.
The books must reflect what the new research has found.

Marguerite (and her Wonderful 31 Ferrets For Adoption or Sponsorship)

TinyPrints On The Heart.....
TinyPrints Shih Tzu, TinyPrints Ferretry and Rescue
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com
Ebay Sales to Benefit TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Medical Fund
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZalohaferrets
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm