From:
John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:55:43 -0600
>From:    Sirron <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Insulinoma
>
>Have a 5 year 5 month female spayed ferret diagnosis with insulinoma,
>possibly at a very early stage.
>
>As this time to weak to have surgery.
>
>How long do they usually live after surgery?

My Sammy was diagnosed with insulinoma before his fifth birthday.  He
lived another 2.5 years, and died of something unrelated.  In fact, he
lived the last 1.5 years of his life free of symptoms and with no
medication, after having a partial pancreatectomy a year after diagnosis.
Before this he had been on prednisone and special feedings and was still
having multiple attacks each week.

I hope your girl does well.

--
John Rosloot, Caregiver to the New Little Ones
With loving memories of my dear departed Buddy,