From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 13:51:27 EDT
Dooks to the furballs, hello to the hoomans.  Prayers and well wishes to
the ill and those who have left for The Bridge.

Recent rumors that I was abducted by alien ferrets, teleported to another
planet and kept prisoner in their hidey hole is <mostly> untrue.  I mean,
after all, who ever heard of the planet Kibble or the Evil Dook Vader ?
<Star Wars fans - Yoda is ACTUALLY A FERRET IN DISGUISE !!!>

Truth is, had problelm switching over computers.  NOTE: Back EVERYTHING
up and make certain it works in the new puter before you delete the old.
Hmmm - think I hear a certain computer geek snickering.

One of the last posts I submitted was about a new furball named Missy.
Sorry to say Missy was very unhappy here and (regretfully) was returned
to the shelter.  Since that time she has found another hooman to live with
and is very happy with her home and new playmates.

The night I returned Missy I was presented with Tootsie (sable).  A former
breeder from Utah who has problems integrating and doesn't seem to know how
to play.  A few weeks ago I adopted Yogi (2yr male sable) and Skooter (2yr
male silver) from the Oregon Ferret Shelter.  I understand they were turned
in by a woman who bought them and a cage, but only wanted the cage.

Both were highly distressed.  Yogi was not eating much and you could see
every rib and vertebrate.  I started him on a diet of yogurt (to counter
stomache bacteria) and Fuzzy Soup.  Happy to say he is eating a little
better and, though still skinny, is gaining some weight and energy.  Along
with Tootsie, none seemed to know how to dook or play.

Last night was a very happy night that brought tears to my eyes.  I had
Skooter, Yogi, and Tootsie in the living room with me for a special
playtime.  I picked Skooter up and dropped him onto the futon (bounce!).
He actually started to do the Weezil Whoopie Dance and ran around the room.
Again and again I did it until he and Tootsie started dancing.  Yogi seemed
to be having fun watching.

Today when I let them out Tootsie and Skooter actually began running AND
DOOKING!!  Happy days!!  Babies first words !!!  Yogi was not quite up to
dooking but did run around a bit !!!

Warm fuzzies !!!

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~Cinna~Racer~Patch~
~Mocha~Nikki~Selene~Tootsie~Skooter~Yogi~  and Mist the Fer-Kat
Guardian Fur-Angels -
~Furrice~Lady~Zeus~Rascal~Socks~Muttley~Dookesbury~Little Boy~
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow
ferts ~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, ~Missy~ and the other
~Romeo~ Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee
Brat Pack !!
Please see KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
                  http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html
KRITTER KREW - http://hometown.aol.com/kwildheart/myhomepage/pet.html

Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.