From:
Jodi Finuf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:05:24 -0500
I love all the ideas about outside play areas, especially the courtyard
idea but no body addresses the issue of predatery birds.  In one of my
ferret magazines was an article about some people who went camping with
their three ferrets.  They had them in on of those portable playpen
things for small animals.  A bird swooped down and got one of them .
also I think I read on fml where this woman almost lost hers while it was
on a leash but she looked up in time to see the bird and jerk the ferrets
back to her.  Just wondering how this is prevented in a big court yard or
a 21 foot swimming pool turned into a play yard,

Jod and the brat pack