From:
John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 06:44:36 -0600
Buster passed away yesterday.  He went in for surgery 3 weeks before
for a bowel obstruction, after chewing up one of my socks.  Since then
there has been one complication after another, fever, infections, kidney
problems, anemia.  A few days ago he stopped eating.  Yesterday we went
in again and found his bowel inflamed, constricted and leaking fluid at
the original site.  We tried to repair it; he made it most of the way
through surgery before his heart stopped.  They weren't able to revive
him.

I know his vet did everything he could for him; he's been caring for
ferrets for 25 years, and for my ferrets for 10.  We've been through many
surgeries, and I've never seen a ferret have so much trouble afterwards.
Everything just seemed to go against my poor boy.

Buster was a big, gentle bear of a ferret, playful and friendly, full of
life and love, and with the thickest, softest coat I've ever seen.  In the
short time he was here he made many friends, both two and four-legged.  He
would have been just 9 months old next week.  He is survived by his little
sister and littermate Pandora.

Sandee, please greet Buster at the Bridge.  Don't be scared by his size;
he's just a big sweetheart.  Please hook him up with Sammy.  Even though
they only knew each other a couple of months before Sammy left us, I'd
like him to see a familiar face there.  Sammy can introduce him to Buddy
and Cassie.  Perhaps some day (many years from now, God willing), Buster
can greet his sister Pandora and welcome her into the group.

Goodbye Big Buster Boy.  You gave me so much in your brief life.  I miss
you.

--
John Rosloot, Caregiver to Pandora
With loving memories of my Big Buster Boy