From:
"Sonam D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 11:17:55 -0500
Hi all,

Hmmm, didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest with my posting; only to
impart information.  If Johnson's works for you and you like it, then use
it, it's not my place to tell you what to do, and if I came off that way, I
apologize.  I have many friends who think that the products I use and sell
in the salon are puffed up and just as good as a generic drugstore shampoo.
On the other hand, I do a lot of involved coloring that requires three or
four shampoos in a three hour period, so I do have a lot of experience with
shampoos.

In any event, Johnsons is made with an amphyolitic surfactant, which does
not sting the eyes, and has the unique ability to be PH adjusted.  What I
dislike about it is that I know for a fact that it is manufactured to a
price point and is, quite frankly, a cheap shampoo.  The conditioners in it
and many "drugstore" conditioners and dual shampoos are merely silicones or
other "slippery" agents to give the appearance of "silky" hair; but they do
not condition hair in the same manner as a professional product would.  As
I said in my previous posting, I wouldn't use them, nor would I recommend
them, but you don't have to do what I do - if it works for you, then do
what you feel is best - I'm not the shampoo god... ;->

Since so many of you use that baby shampoo, obviously it works - if anyone
wants to know the brand of Fert shampoo I use (and it's only $6 a bottle)
email me privately, and I'll tell you.  I've tested a number of brands on
my ferts (what else would you expect a hairstyleist to do?) and that one is
what I found leaves my guys feeling best.  As they say, YMMV, so sorry if I
offended anyone!  Peace,

Sonam & Dee and the fuzzies: Stella, Dupree, Lola, Jasmine & Tika (who
crossed the Rainbow Bridge)