From:
Tracy Jose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:07:03 -0500
Hello FML,

I recently learned of a vet clinic here in my town of Bismarck, North
Dakota that was using a non-licensed ferret distemper vaccine four the
last four years.  I found out because my friend goes to this vet and she
told me that they use Ft. Dodge Canine Distemper Vac.  I was worried that
her (and others) ferrets were not being properly vaccinated.  So, I went
to the AFA (American Ferret Assoc., Inc.) webpage and printed out the
vaccination protocol for USDA licensed ferret vaccines and am going to mail
it to them.  I talked to one of the vet techs there (who I actually know)
and she said they would like to take a look at it.  So, i'm going to mail
it to them today.

I just wanted people to know, that it is a good idea to question what
distemper and rabies vaccinations their ferrets are getting.  Some may
not be getting the proper vaccinations.

Warm *fuzzy* hugs!
Tracy J.
Tango, Chico, Roo, Pepe', Spunky & Leah