From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2007 15:18:46 -0400
Why is this the case?

http://www.thehorse.com/ViewArticle.aspx?ID=9999

Quoted segment:
>Ovuplant, an ovulation-induction agent containing deslorelin
>acetate, has not been available in the United States since 2003. It
>is not expected to return to the market, meaning practitioners have
>to continue to find different options for deslorelin

Is there a pharmacist or medical lawyer here who can tell me if this
part of the article is accurate or not?

>As there is no FDA-approved product containing deslorelin for use
>in horses, it can legally be compounded.

Is it legal because there HAD BEEN such an approved use product but the
product itself was then removed from market for non-health reasons?

If so, does this mean that even if the product isn't marketed here, if
the use is approved then it could be compounded to the right dose from
deslorelin used for other applications (if such exists in the U.S.)?

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: