From:
Sharon Pease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 12:04:25 EST
Intubation;
There is a very large medical teaching school in my area.  I've spoken with
one woman who used to supervise intubation training (she's now retired) at
this school.  They used ferrets for this purpose and Sam's account of how
they are handled in his area also applied to this school.  They were
anesthetized, limited to the number of procedures done on any one animal,
and adopted to new homes after their training period had ended (quite often
to the students).

PetsMart;
There was a report about eight months ago that they were going to start
selling ferrets.  When I followed up on this, I was told that they had
considered the idea but had decided against it.  I'll follow up on this
latest report and post any information I come up with.  It's possible that
a public demand has caused them to re-evaluate their previous decision.

SP