From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 21:23:05 EST
Dear FMLers.

First of all thank you all so much for all of the cards and notes of
sympathy for our Gunner.  He was very loved and yes he will be missed.  I
know that I did the only thing that I could have done for a special friend
that he was.  That still doesn't make it any easier.

On another note...Saber is recovering from surgery, but it wasn't for
adrenals.  I let him out to play for awhile in our bedroom (which I thought
was ferretproofed).  Well for Valentine's Day i got my wife one of these
large baskets with Champagne and two little glasses.  Well all the other
ferts just ignored it but oh no not our Saber.  He knocked it down, broke
it open and somehoe broke one of the glasses.  He cut himself along the
ribline on his right side about 3" long.  Luckly it was not real deep but
it bled like crazy.  I went into the bedroom to get a coathanger because
one of our daughters got locked out of her car down at the local AM/PM
store.  I found the basket on the floor with the broken glass and Saber war
dancing on the bed with a bloody side!!!  I rushed down to the store got
daughter's car unlocked and then took Saber to the Emergency Vet Center.
They had to mask him down and put him under to sew up the wound.  He now
has on an anti-scratch collar (which he hates!!!) and a big Owwie on his
right side.  I feel like a bum.  People, we need to understand one thing
about these carpetmonsters that we love so much...They are SMART!!!  Maybe
a bit too smart.  I should have stayed in their with him but I didn't.  He
got hurt and it could've been so much worse and I thank God that is wasn't,
because I didn't pay proper attention to details.  Important details.  I
implore all of you to pay the utmost attention to your fuzzies.  It costs
us $248.00 to get him taken care of.  I had to cancell the sugery for today
and will get it rescheduled in about two weeks.  He had surgery but not the
kind he needed!!!  Hug your fuzzies because you don';t know just how long
yu will have them.  After All It Is For The Ferrets!!!!

Fred Hurd.