From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2011 07:39:30 -0700
Hi Gang;

A few days ago, I posted a request to help sign petitions to advance
our cause in helping the ferrets at Triple F Ferret Farm and Barb Clay
announced the great news that Petland Corporation has sent a directive
to their 134 stores to cease all ferret purchases from Triple F Ferret
Farm.

I believe we have an opportunity to build a bridge here with Petland
Corporation. I would like to propose and request that members of our
beloved ferret community write thank yous directly to Ms. Elizabeth
Kunzelman at Petland Corporate Offices, 250 River Street Chillicothe,
Ohio, 45601. Let's show Ms. Kunzelman how much we love all fuzzies
and inundate her office with hand written ferret themed thank you
notes/letters. So many ferret folks, from so many different states with
all that varied, adorable ferret stationery. WOW How could she forget
us! Physical mail cannot be deleted and ignored as quickly as an e-mail
can. Thank her on behalf of the company for listening, investigating
and acting in a responsible manner to help us stop Triple F Ferret
Farm's inexcusable conduct and business practices.

As Lisa O. suggested on the Triple F discussion group, this may be a
time to also suggest that Petland Corporation consider hosting adoption
days with area ferret shelters in their nearby stores and work toward
helping rescues find homes for the unwanted pets filling our shelters,
instead of selling more pets to become unwanted pets and potential
future residents in shelters. An example of this type of existing
shelter/store partnership is Petsmart. Here in Rochester, NY they work
with our largest Humane Society, Lollypop Farm and help place birds,
reptiles, snakes, cats and all small animals. The dogs and farm animals
reside at the Main site.

Your cooperation is appreciated,
Cathy Ryan

Feed rescued animals in two clicks