From:
Kate Marcellus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 00:53:52 -0500
Hello...I do hope you could help on a diagnosis....I have a non-breeding
female..Jocee that has been fixed but not descented.  She began to walk low
to the floor on Tuesday of this past week and then drop about two to three
feet and repeated this the whole hour and a half she was out of her cage.
I watched her again on Wednesday...and she was worse walking low to the
floor but dropping one to two feet and like sleeping or resting for three
to five minutes.  On Thursday, I took her to our exotic vet.  and she did
x-rays on her and CBC, and all were clear.  No spinal injuries, glucose was
normal, etc.  We waited until yesterday...Saturday for the white blood
count and it came back very high...Im sorry I have no figures...But now she
just crawls from toy to toy and hasnt eaten on her own since Thursday.  Our
vet. said she could have lymphosarcoma, but she wants to rule out lead
poisoning, a tumor somewhere that you cant see on the x-ray or something
that is an over-site.

My question is...has anyone gone through this same and it was diagnosed
with something else we should be checking for.

I appreciate all input...Thank you in advance.

Most sincerely,
Mother of Eight Weediddles....