From:
Simon Helm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 19:51:13 -0600
A new carpetshark is scurrying under rugs and hunting out raisins in our
home: Holly is a two-year old female, adopted from a loving owner moving
to the States. She joins Woody, our two-year old male, who recently lost
his mentor ferret. He was quite depressed when Beaudry died, so we jumped
at the chance to find him a playmate. The problem is: I'm not so sure
they're getting along.

Woody is very taken with Molly: he tries to play by pouncing on the rug
she is hiding under, makes every effort to curl up with her at night
(puts his backs to her and flops down), and is generally a good sport.
Molly, on the other hand, yells at him when he comes close (she just
screams!) and tries to bury herself in our arms, the sofa, etc. to get
away from him. This is strange, because when she arrived she immediately
went to all of his hiding places and checked them out, and she goes to
sleep in his cage all by herself. Her behaviour appears to annoy Woody,
and it has led to some rough stuff (shaking each other around by the
necks, etc.). Any suggestions?

Simon Helm        * E-mail: [log in to unmask]
                  * WWW: http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~helm/home.html

"Hell has no wrath like the middle class deprived of one of its perks."