From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:20:10 -0500
I might be being paranoid, but yesterday my ferret Jill made a leap for
an unattended table and got access to a bowl of milk and a box of nearly
empty Lucky Charms cereal (the type with mini marshmallows).  When I came
in the room she had her head in the box, but I don't think she had time to
eat much as I hadn't been gone from the room long.  Within 15 minutes she
threw up a white and clear liquid substance.  Then I gave her some
kittymalt laxative just in case.

She has been 100% energy wise and has been eating.  This morning her
stomach (always nice and full) seemed too full to me.  When I hold her it
is noticibly firmer and fuller, kind of distended.  I compared her belly
to her sister's and it does seem a bit firmer to the touch.  I may be
wrong about her stomach, I don't usually pay that much attention to the
exact fullness of her belly - but I wanted to ask just in case.  I gave
her more kittymalt today and will call the vet this morning.  Just thought
someone might know about the ferrets body reacton to injesting (possibly)
those marshmallow bits.

Thank you!
Risa