Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 15:46:26 -0500
Hi all,
Once again I'm slipping out of my lurking spot to poke my nose directly
into the FML again....:)

On the subject of pilling ferrets, I've found that what works best for my
ferrets (and rats!!  :)) is crushing the pill to powder and then mixing it
with a little bit of Nutrical and letting them lick it off my finger.  No
syringes to mess with and no traumatic moments of trying to force the fuzzy
to swallow anything....Works like a charm...:) The Nutrical also helps add
to the ferret's vitamin and calorie intake, which is really good if they are
ill and not eating as much as usual....:)

After all the ferret bill failures in California, I'm beginning to think
California is a totally different planet,,,,,Today, my vet has once again
helped strengthen that image, since she moved this way from California....We
had one of our little rats put down this morning and had another's health
checked out.  We took up about an hour and half of the vet's time, left with
a medical stores for animal medicine cabinet and also had the unpleasant
procedure done, and it still was under $40....I always expect to get socked
with some amazing bill when I go there and it is always a pleasant surprise
when we see the bill!!  Even though she practiced mainly in California, her
ferret knowledge is excellent, and if she doesn't know something she
immediately contacts other local exotic vets for consultations so our little
ones get great care....:)

Oh, well, I guess its time to head back to my roost again...Keep the
great stories coming!!!

Cheers to all!!

Loki (the sable terror), Cricket (the cute one of the family) and the Rat
Pack (Anais, Belle, Illyana and Tatiana)