From:
Juliana Quadrozzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:33:42 -0400
Hi All,

I'm flying to NY on Sat for my mother-in-law's 85th birthday, & flying
back late on Sun, so I had already arranged to take off from work on
Mon to catch up on what I didn't do over the weekend.  Perfect timing,
because they want me to pick them up ASAP, but Mon is when their
caretaker returns from vacation.  She's personally cared for them for
years & knows them very well.  I want her to be there so I can get as
much info as possible on each.  I'm bringing our profile sheets so each
will have a complete & accurate record.

Thanks for reminding me about cage mates Lisette!  Note to myself to
bring hang tags for carries.  Hopefully they're all as friendly & healthy
as they've assured me they are.  I think I'll ask my boss if I can take
off the whole week, I think I'm going to need it.

I appreciate all the advice & offers to help out.  I made many inquiries
about the responsibility for neuter & vacs required by GA.  What I found
out is, Morehead can transfer them as is.  FBoG will be responsible for
neuter & vacs conformity, BEFORE we can transfer them or adopt them out.
I have to stay in accordance w/GA requirements.  I feel like big brother
is watching because of all of the inquiries I made.

The good news is we have cages & I hope I have enough carriers, depending
on how they're divided up.  Some of the cages are better than others (&
none are as nice as the one the Fritz's donated to FBoG during the 2003
Symposium), but none that I wouldn't want to see a ferret living in.  My
hubby pays for a storage unit so we can store them for later sale.  Floor
space is another story in a townhouse.  Looks like I'm going to have to
get another industrial storage rack to stack cages.

FBoG is lucky enough to have a pretty good support group giving whatever
they can - fostering, bedding, chicken gravy, transport, message board, &
their time - whenever they can.  I hope that between all of us that FBoG
will be able to comfortably manage this situation.

Until my vet gets back on Thurs 7/29 & I have a count of how many are
males & females on Mon 8/2, I don't have a clue what this is going to
cost.  As soon as I know the count, I'm going to send a fax to a few of
the vets we use &/or recommend to see of they'd be willing to do special
rates because of the circumstances.  The vet we use the most gives us a
very good discount on vacs & although not as much, a decent discount on
everything else.  Her regular rates are pretty reasonable.  I think we've
had 3 or 4 neutered since I started in '90, so what that's going to run
is a mystery right now.

Sharon Beardon is doing some inquiries about funding for us.  We don't
have 501 (c) 3, only state nonprofit, so any donations needing tax
deductions will have to go through SOS.

Anyone wanting to contribute to the veterinary expenses, we would be most
grateful.  Checks can go to SOS (if that's OK ladies), or can go to one
of the vets that I know we'll be using, Riverview Veterinary Hospital, or
to Ferret Business of GA.  Right now I don't know if we'll be using any
other vets for the neutering, vacs, & any other medical needs there may
be.  With the exception of buying a few items that we keep in house to
sell during adoptions (to raise funds for the medical expenses), all the
money in the FBoG account is used for medical expenses.  Our 7 foster
homes handle all other expenses out of pocket.

That's all I have for now.  I'll keep you posted.

I want to thank everyone who's contacted me.  I can't tell you how much
it means to me.

Best wishes,
Juliana  770.984.1417
FERRET BUSINESS of GA
www.ferretbusiness.petfinder.com

Note: This e-mail addy has an autoreply for all incoming e-mails.  If
you're e-mail is about this group, please use Morehouse 17 at the
beginning of your subject line.