Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 2009 13:57:16 -0700
Well...maybe not eat, but they are attacking her. I'm not sure if they
think she's just another ferret to be rough-housed with or what. She's
just a tiny little teacup chihuahua and weighs about as much as some
ferrets - 3.5 lbs. My little girl ferret (Joon) is only 0.75 lbs and my
little boy (Benny) is 1.25 lbs.

Benny doesn't really do anything to
Cricket (dog) but he does chase her once and awhile. Cricket doesn't
like it, but she's afraid of them and the most she'll do is bark at
them. Joon chases Cricket and she once nipped Cricket on her back leg -
I'm not sure if the nip hurt since Cricket didn't yelp but still. I
told Joon "No" and stuck her in her carrier. But she still goes after
Cricket sometimes - today, Joon chased Cricket up onto my shoulder and
latched her claws into Cricket's rump before I got them apart. Joon
was reprimanded and sent to her carrier.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Right now, we're living in a
townhouse style apartment - we don't have an extra room to give to
the ferrets so they have free run of the living room and hallway.
The kitchen, upstairs, bedrooms, laundry room, and bathrooms are all
blocked off. I feel bad if I have to put Cricket in the bathroom or
upstairs while the ferrets are out - which is most of the time. But
I also want the ferrets to get as much time out of their cage as
possible. We're trying to find a house with an extra room that we can
give to the ferrets, but until then we'll have to make do with what
we have. I know Cricket would never hurt them - she's very gentle when
it comes to other animals and she's so timid. When Joon nipped her and
latched her claws into her, she just sat there and shook! So there's
no danger to the ferrets, I would just like the ferrets to leave
her alone.

Thanks!

Melissa