From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 16:12:04 EDT
Dear FMLers

I am really energized about some of the posts the last few days.  We are
again starting to talk and discuss some of the main problems our fuzzy
have instead of flamming each other!!!!  Way TO GO!!!!  As to adrenal
problems....I was ready to blame the whole mess on Marshall Farms for early
altering, but after talking to Sam Young, I came to the conclusion that
this problem may be a virus or maybe some form of bacteria or prehaps
actually a compositum of many factors.  Sam explained to me that Australia
had been doing early altering for decades and had just recently found afew
adrenal cases, as some of the recent posting have shown.

I have some personal problems with Marshall farms and I don't think
they have the ferret's full wellfare in mind but rather the bottom line
interest.  Yes I have many M.F. ferts in my extended business and yes I
find them to be very loving and somewhat timid.  So let's put aside my
personal problem for the while and look at what can be done.  RESEARCH
would be the answer.  I think we need to try to enlist the help of Marshall
Farms and perhaps Pathe Valley and 3-F Farms (I think that's right) as well
in trying to pinpoint the cause.  Is it something we can prevent???  Are
new treatment(s) in order????  Is nutrition a part of it???

I know there is alot of questions and rest assured there will be more as
answers are found.  Lets put aside our differences and the idea that we
know what causes this problem and really work towards a solution to this
and other ferret health problems.  Yes i know the following is indeed a
time worm cliche' but Maybe together We Can Make A Difference!!!  Hey we
are about ferets aren't we?????  Isn't that why we joined the Ferret
Mailing List????

Thank you for you time in reading this....

Fred Hurd
Reno Nevada.

Hey Pop, don't forget us Fuzzies!!!!  The Western 11 and the Cold Springs
Gang!!!!
Yeah, and Keep Fuzzy!!!