Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2008 12:14:47 -0700
I think most of us here have a belief, or at least an interest in the
supernatural, an after life, messages from the other side....and dare
I say it, animal communications? (Grinning) This is a somewhat lengthy
post but if you believe in such things, you will find it most heart
warming. If you have a remote interest in such things, it is worth
taking the time to read. If you are a die hard skeptic and refuse to
believe,you may want to read on anyway and open up your soul to the
power and possibilities of universal energy. It is all true and may
bring you comfort for the loved beings in your life that have passed.

Fast rewind to a couple years ago to an incident that inspired me to
write a poem. My friends Jen and Matt were watching mom Roseanne's
ferrets while she was on vacation. While mom was away, their worst
fears were realized when not just one, but two ferrets passed before
mom returned. Jen and Matt buried one of the ferrets and as luck would
have it, it was pouring down rain that day. Misery on misery, digging
the final resting place for their furry family friend in the cold rain.
God, how my heart went out to them..After the burial, they told me
that the strangest thing happened while they were burying the ferret.
Suddenly the rain stopped, clouds parted and the sun shined brightly
through the sky. We are all spiritual people and I truly felt that it
was a sign that the ferret had passed and was saying her goodbyes..
and I was inspired to write a poem hoping to ease the grief of all
involved. . Recently, I've begun to send that poem out to friends of
the FML who have lost precious fuzzbutts, customizing the poem with
the name of their own ferret that has just passed.

Last week I sent it out to Julie Pressey on her loss of Jazzy. We were
exchanging messages on myspace. With her permission, I want to share
something very mystical and spiritual that happened to she and her
husband after I sent her the poem. First, the poem:

Farewell

In the still of the dark blue night,
I dreamed of an angel, calling me to a beautiful light.

"We're going away? How long will we be?"
"I have humans looking after me."
"It's night time now and my humans are asleep. I can't just leave."
..she began to weep.

Hush now Jazzy, it's your time you see, to take a walk across The
Bridge with me.
"I can't leave now, there's much to do! I have friends to say
goodbye to."

They're the reason I had a chance to live a life, to dook and dance.
My mom's asleep. I can't just leave. She's given so much, I don't want
her to grieve."
She ceased herstruggle to have her way, As a soft lavender cloud,
floated them away.

Jazzy tucked her nose into angel wings of feather.
The angel held her paw and they crossed together.

To let her family know of their special love, Jazzy sent a special sign
from above.
The clouds parted from heavens high, And rays of sun shined bright from
the sky.

Please know in your hearts and know very well,
That this sign from above is Jazzy's farewell.
"We'll always be together you see, As I take all of your love to the
Bridge with me."

From a beautiful place where we all will meet. Where sweet fur kisses
wait to greet.
Where ferrets dance with no ills or pain. Where humans meet fur friends
again.
Where everyone lives in harmony, At The Rainbow Bridge for eternity.

Julie emailed me back and said this:
"How strange for you to send me that poem. Yesterday was a rainy day
and on the way home from picking up my hubby after work (a couple of
hours after Jazzy's passing) we were talking about Jazzy, we both loved
her so much, and at the same time we saw it, a beautiful rainbow and it
appeared as if it was coming from our house. Her scent has been so
strong in the house today, I feel her loving presence now and then.
I have never felt a pain so deep, she was our first and so special.
Thank you for sending that to me."

Now I'm a little too humble to claim that my poem and communication
abilities have caused some type of spiritual network between hoomans
and their beloved fuzzles that have passed, but it certainly does seem
that way in Julie and Jazzy's case...and in spite of what one rescue
supporter claims on his tile of love, I'm no Mother Theresa...far from
it. BUT if anyone starts seeing my face on a tortilla, Patio Burritos
better be sending me a piece of the action.! haha.

I am however always finding more interesting connections that take
place through universal energy and the seemingly magical things that
take place through the powers of loving another living being.

Fuzzy Hugs,
Kim and da kids

Kimberly Fox
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-tilesoflove.html Fundraiser page