From:
Katherine Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 15:42:32 -0500
Hi, gang -- long time no talk to, but it's been busy...I think I actually
just caught up to date on the last week's FMLs...

Anyway, I haven't seen this on the FML, but thought I'd bring it to the
group's attention -- apparently on Feb. 18, Rescue 911 (Fox) is having a
show about emergency care for ferrets, and the commercial showed a ferret
as one of the animals.  Beyond that, who knows?

Suki and Steve -- always good to hear from you!

Dr. Williams -- so sorry to hear about Oscar's passing.  :-(  My
sympathies are with you and yours.

My Bandit is 6-1/2, and finishing his third year since being diagnosed
with lymphosarcoma (doing well, now, thanks!) and I'm constantly aware
that he won't be with us for much longer.  Since finishing his chemo two
years ago, he's always been a little scruffy, and his fur's a bit thin,
but he's in good spirits, eats well, dances a little, and snuggles at
every opportunity.  Bless Dr. Ann Jeglum and her lympho treatment!

On the baby front, Andy is now 8 months old and has figured out how to
crawl FORWARD.  Clear the decks!  He is absolutely fascinated with the
ferrets, and they still don't seem terribly interested in him...except
Charlie who wants to know WHAT the HECK...of course, 5-year-old Charlie
has had cataracts developing for the past three years, and probably just
can't *see*!

Molly is losing her fur again at age 6 -- third time.  No other symptoms.
For those of you who lost track...she had the right adrenal removed two
years ago, but periodically has some vulval swelling and thinning of fur
before it goes back down and the fur grows back.  She's her same old loner
self.

Pogo (4) is as big as a bus -- I can't BELIEVE how much weight he put on
this winter.  His fur is incredibly silky and soft as always.  He's such a
lap ferret!

Sigmund is still the baby at 3 and still full of beans -- and he jumped
into an open toilet again the other day and came to see his daddy, all
dripping wet.  He's amazing.

They're all due for their booster shots this month.  Molly gets the
antihistamine before hers, and gets the distemper and rabies two weeks
apart, having had the anaphylatic reaction two years ago.  Bandit has not
had either since he went on chemo, due to his depressed immune system --
Dr. Williams, are we correct in assuming that he should never get them
again?  The idea of him overcoming lympho only to contract rabies or
distemper from a booster due to a weakened immune system makes me
shudder...

CompuServe ferret fans -- come visit the online ferret conference on
Sunday, Feb. 19 at 7 p.m. eastern.  Pam Grant of STAR* will be our guest
speaker!  GO PETSTWO and come to Con Room 2.  (Steven, I didn't butcher
that, did I?  Bill, is it OK to mention this?)

Gotta run -- I'm sure I've forgotten something...oh, yes, I am working on
an FFZ list update -- hope to have it up by the end of the month --
anybody with updates, please email me!

Katie, Jeff, Andy, Bandit, Molly, Charlie, Pogo & Sigmund

--
         Katie Fritz -- Internet: [log in to unmask]
CompuServe: 71257,3153--S2 Ferrets Section Co-Leader, Animal Forum--GO PETSTWO