From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 11:12:58 -0500
>I would, IMO, use the saliva swab from Avecon as they come in.  Good shelf
>life, not cheat, but $12.00 apeice for a case maybe well worth it.  Those
>that test positive, require blood test before accpeting from Avecon that
>shows strong negative, or redirect to an ADV shelter.  Those that test
>negative, you are still taking a chance, but house seperately (in another
>room) for qurrentine and send a blood sample to Avecon or other center for
>testing (clip the nail or draw).

Remember the advice of the ferret-expert vets: when checking an ADV test
use a test that utilizes a different method.  So, when you are checked any
Avecon result do NOT use a different Avecon test because they still look
at the same aspect -- just in different fluids.  Instead, use the United
test to look at a different aspect; it runs something like $10 to $15 and
also costs for one-day shipping and for the vet to draw the blood.

You can find the needed info and forms in the Files section of
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ferret-Health-list/