From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:05:15 -0800
A little cinnamon girl almost the color of butterscotch came trotting
over the bridge the other day.  Her name was Pristine.  Prissy or short.
Miss Prissy was a cutie.  And feisty!  She knew who I was right away and
leaped on me and then rolled away dooking.  She got right back onto her
feet and giggled behind her new found wings.  I brushed off the grass
from my ever so wonderful fur.  Sigh.  Silly girl.  I can tell we'll
have our hands full up here.

I kept trying to tell her about Rainbow Bridge and all of the sites, but
I tell you, she hasn't much of an attention span.  She was looking at
bird's singing up in the skies, then at butterflies fluttering by, and at
wild mink dashing across the fields.  That's when I thought it best to
keep her busy, so she stays out of trouble while waiting on her mom.
Yup.  I thought up the perfect thing.  Hide and seek with all of the kits
at the kit house.  Just wait until they dive bomb her with those young,
fresh wings and toss cloud bombs onto her head from up above as they
float by.  I can't wait.  She's already such a happy little soul, she'll
be beside herself when she sees how much joy is up here.

Before I left her to the kit's devices, I thought I'd introduce her to a
few critters that might give her a run for her money.  A local martin and
a fisher were near by.  She would make them a trio and they could keep
each other busy on slow days.  They're skilled at locating pine cones and
rolling them off to hide them under leaves to make the others jump when
they feel the spikey things through the leaves.  It's a hoot.

But you know Prissy is also a pretty little thing full of grace.  So
I took her off to choose a fitting hammy, sack, and fleece toys.  She
seems to have taken a liking to tiny, light, soft balls and toys that
have tinkley bells hidden inside.  She looks so pretty in her golden
colored wings and matching halo ... goes with her fur color.