From:
Ken Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 20:38:53 EST
The Brevard Ferret Lovers Rescue will be receiving national attention!  Lee
Hackett, a member of the Rescue, nominated his fiancee, Shannon Roberts, for
community hero.

Shannon was accepted and will represent our area in carrying the Olympic
Torch on it's cross country endeavor.  We believe she will carry the torch
in Orlando on July 7 or 8; final details will be sent soon.

The Children's Miracle Network has an interest in all transplanted children
(Shannon has had a liver and kidney transplant) and is interested in
arranging an interview with Shannon.  The BFLR will be mentioned as her
favorite volunteer group.  The interview could be shown on local news, the
Family Channel, and Nickelodeon.  We'll let you know when and where when we
find out.

Congratulations, Shannon!