From:
Pat Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 22:18:04 -0600
Calamity, or Cally as we usually called her, was helped to the bridge
this evening at 7 1/2 years of age.  Cally had been through 2 adrenal
surgeries, but during the second surgery last December, the vet noticed
several nodules developing on the lymph nodes.  She had been on Pediapred
ever since and held up quite well, although she did start to slow down
the last few months.  After Bjerk passed away in July, she was especially
lethargic.  I was actually happy when she came into the bathroom a couple
of weeks later and gave me a chomp on the foot.  She hadn't done that in
ages.

Her activity level increased for a while but then a few days later she
stopped eating.  She had one very enlarged lymph node on her neck that
was finally making it hard to swallow.  We managed to get her to down
some duck soup for a few days and she would even steal a few pieces of
kibble from the cats now and then, but she was starting to lose a lot of
weight.  Finally, last week she pretty much refused the duck soup.  We
tried a couple different formulations and even some straight Ensure,
but it became pretty obvious that her time was near.  She was having
increasing difficulty getting around so I finally made the call to the
vet this morning to have her euthanized.

Sandee, please show Cally around and make sure Bjerknes, Bongo and
Juniper are there to greet her.  Bjerk will be happy to know that she
made sure Spike (the kitten) was put in her place before she had to go.

Thanx.

--
Pat Smith