From:
Doug Wyrostok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 1995 20:54:00 -0700
Hello! As new computer users and ferret owners, my girlfriend and i want to
thank everyone for the wealth of info you've provided. It's reassuring to
see that we're not the only ones who enjoy these critters, even though we
seem to be in our area. as owners, we've discovered that the more we learn,
the less others know about these wonderful pets. For example, i recently ran
across some people passing themselves off as "breeders" at a trade show
nearby. the poor animals were obviously stressed and nervous with their
unfamiliar environment and the large amount of attention they were drawing.
the owners seemed totally unconcerned with the state their ferrets were in.
the owners allowed a lady to hold one of their ferrets. she raised it to her
face and was cooing at it, when the animal got her good on the cheek and
wouldn't let go. the owners then proceeded to act as if this was normal
behavior for ferrets. i had to spend the next few hours defending the
animals to those who didn't know about them. none of our three ferrets (
rat, selma, and newman) has ever attacked anyone in this manner. ours are
the most loving creatures alive, although they like a good toe every now and
then. i can't believe any reputable breeder would allow something like this
to happen. any suggestions on what i should do in the future if i run across
these people or anything like this again? also wondering if any other FMLers
are in the central Alberta, Canada area?