Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:41:02 -0500
I would have to agree with Megan.  If the ferrets are still outside, I say
just take them.  If the person that is claiming to be "responsible" for the
babies is this cruel and unfeeling I am certain that taking them off her
hands would be a blessing.  These person's; I wonder were they come from?
Are they human?

I too have a hard time just passing by, doing nothing when animals are
mistreated.  I call animal control or whoever I have to, to try and get
them helpless help.  It's like if an human infant child was put in it's
stroller and just left in the yard to deal with it himself.  I don't feel
this woman has any rights.  You have done everything short of taking them
and it has not helped.  Ignorance is bliss, I guess to some but she is not
ignorant anymore.  You have provided her with material that is vital to
the survival of these poor babies and she has DECIDED not to do anything.
Therefore, if you do decide to take them I would suggest arranging this
with your local shelter.  The shelter would probably have a better chance
of keeping the babies safe if indeed the retched grandmother decided she
wanted them back.  I can not imagine why she would bother.  You can also
tell the shelter you want them back when the dust settles.

I think what you are doing should be commending.  If more of us got
involved then maybe less neglect would happen.

Good luck.
Cheryl Glover and the herd.
(Chief, the king; Tabitha, the princess; Snuffy, the peasant; Oscar, the
kingII; Oliver, AKA Olivia the martyr)